2 pounds Swiss chard, large stems discarded and leaves cut crosswise into 2- inch strips.
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
1/4 teaspoon crushed red perrper
1 cup canned tomatoes, chopped
16-ounce can unsalted cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
1/4 teaspoon Kosher Salt
1. Bring a saucepan of water to a boil. Ass the chard and simmer over moderate heat until tender. about 8 minutes.
Drain the greens and gently press out excess water.
In the saucepan, heat the olive oil.
Add the garlic and crushed red pepper to the olive oil and cook over over moderate heat until the garlic is golden, about 1 minute.
Add the tomatoes and bring to a boil.
Add the beans and simmer over moderately high heat for 3 minutes.
Add the chard and simmer over moderate heat until the flavors meld, 5 minutes
Season the stew with salt (to taste) and serve..
- Per Serving
- 157 calories
- 5.7g protein
- 16g carbohydrate
- 5.5 g fiber
- 3 g sugar
- 8.9g total fat (3.75 g per 100g)
- 1.2 g saturated fat (0.5g per 100g)
- 0 g trans fat
- o mg cholesterol
- 680 mg sodium
- * For a lower sodium version of this recipe
- use low sodium canned tomatoes and eliminate the salt.