How Did You Discover You had Heart Disease?

By HeartHawk Latest Reply 2011-08-09 21:52:17 -0500
Started 2011-01-05 16:31:40 -0600

I think everyone remembers the day they get the diagnosis of a potentially deadly disease or condition. What were the circumstances involved in discovering YOU had heart disease? What it a blood test, a stress test, a heart scan … or was your first indication something more ominous … like a heart attack?

What advice can you offer based on your experience?



46 replies

Steve Dickerson
Steve Dickerson 2011-03-01 11:46:01 -0600 Report

with my first heart attack 19 years ago when I was 45. Certainly a life-changing event. I was lucky to be in the hospital emergency room with a bad valve that I didn;t know about either - had a 97% block. Another about four years later. A mild stroke two years ago following a stint second stint three years ago. I'm a very lucky=happy man. Married 41 years with a 35 year daughter and a 93 year old mother

HeartHawk 2011-08-04 22:54:35 -0500 Report


You were lucky indeed. What preventive measures did your docs put you on? What was the hardest thing to deal with?


Aaron1945 2011-02-22 22:19:45 -0600 Report

I am a 40 Year old Male and was sitting at my computer. The missus called me to come to bed and I spun my chair around looking at my feet as I started to get up. My left foot was about 3 times its normal size. I have CHF due to low oxygen from a lung disease. My heart is enlarged and at times I guess does not recieve enough oxygen supply to move the blood back up my legs

HeartHawk 2011-02-23 00:02:05 -0600 Report


I remember the shock of seeing a similar foot problem although it was not heart related. Please share and let us know what your docs say about your condition and what treatments they have you on from time to time.


skullfreak 2011-02-21 09:50:29 -0600 Report

Im 38 yrs old ,male with a newly installed pacemaker/diffibulator.I never thought in a million years anything like this would happen to me.

purrrrr 2011-02-19 14:34:19 -0600 Report

Both of my parents have heart disease, so for me it was always a question of "when", not "if". And, even knowing this, I've always been overweight and smoked at least a pack a day, if not more.

I was faithful in getting my annual physical and blood work done. Test results were always good, I never had any problems with my blood pressure, cholesterol, nothing.

This past January 4th, I was sitting out on our enclosed patio with my husband, working on my laptop. I closed my computer and put my head down and my hubby asked what was wrong. I told him I just didn't "feel good", so I went inside and sat down in my recliner. Within a couple of minutes, I told hubby I thought we needed to go to the hospital. He called 911 and the EMT's were there immediately as we're just around the corner from the station. I broke out in a cold sweat and a pulse could not be found. The ambulance came and off to the hospital we went.

Within 17 minutes of arriving at the hospital, I "coded" and the paddles were used to restart my heart. After a trip to the cath lab, it was discovered that I had one artery totally blocked, one that was about 50% and another that was about 70%. A stent was put in the one artery and hopes are that the others can be helped with life changes and medications.

To this day, I have yet to have any kind of pain that might indicate a heart attack…don't know if that's unusual or not.

I am starting cardiac rehab next week, am trying to change the way I eat, am walking every day, and I haven't had a cigarette since the day I went into the hospital.

It's been a very stressful time for our family. While I was still in the hospital and waiting to be dismissed, we received a call that my Mom had passed away. They kept me on the heart monitor for a while as I was being told and wouldn't release me until they thought I would be okay.

I celebrated my 57th birthday this week, first one without my Mom, and it was really hard. But, we're trying to recover, regroup, and go on with our lives. It's tough, but we'll make it.

harley64 2011-08-04 00:17:03 -0500 Report

I can somewhat relate to you, only one of my parents had heart disease, but he went thru everything under the sun with it up to having the pacemaker, several open heart surgeries and lived past the time after his last by-pass surgery before the pacemaker. Unfortunately most of the siblings have heart problems. The good of all of it I've been lucky with only stents. One sister has had open heart surgery.You are a lucky person after what you went thru.

HeartHawk 2011-08-04 22:57:41 -0500 Report


Thanks for chiming in on this. We all have to be watchful. It is a funny thing about luck. The more you work at it the "luckier" you get!


HeartHawk 2011-02-22 00:30:42 -0600 Report


Sounds like luck was on your side that day, congrats on being a survivor! Your right it is tough. I lost my mom to a heart attack and am doing everything I can to avoid the same fate. Keep up the fight and the good work!


muffinrw 2011-02-17 18:28:24 -0600 Report

For me, I was on vaca in Daytona Bch, Fla. I started having pains in my chest and arm and even my chin got numb. I told hubby we needed to go home, there was something bad wrong with me. He drove to Calhoun, GA and I drove on in to Chattanooga, TN. The next day I went to the hospital and was in full cardiac arrest when I climbed on the table in ER. That was on a Saturday. I don't remember a Thing until I came to in recovery on Tuesday. They did 6by-passes and a valve repair and discovered I had an aortic aneurysm. Now they checkit once a year. I weghed 97 lbs then. I have gained over 30 lbbs. Anyone know how to get rid of it? I was 69 when I had my heart attack. This June will be 2 years.

HeartHawk 2011-02-17 23:06:14 -0600 Report


Wow, you might not think so but you got lucky. With my relatives the first symptom is death! As far as the weight, although I fought it at first, the numbers have proved that not only is low-carb a weight beater, it improves virtually all your lipds!


muffinrw 2011-02-18 09:52:06 -0600 Report

I eat well. My lipids are great. The first thing I do in the A.M. before I even get out of bed is to thank the LORD for another day. At first I was afraid to sleep for fear I wouldn't wake up, it has been really hard for me. I keep thinking 'me heart attack?' no way. but it happened. I know I am lucky to be here. My doctors were amazed, 1 week after I got out of the hospital I would walk or ride my bicycle 5 miles a day. They said to it would be alright. But I can't exercise with my equip. Can't life over 10 lbs because of my aneurysm. But life is a beach.

HeartHawk 2011-02-22 00:33:30 -0600 Report


Heh, a "beach" it is! Sounds like you are ahead of the pack. You CAN beat heart disease. Prevention and even reversal is become more common. Sites like this one are a great source of information and inspiration.


griz104 2011-02-08 18:52:13 -0600 Report

For me it was during a Physical at the VA.. I had just transferred up from Pa. to Rochester and was seeing a new Dr. It was actually a after thought on his part as i was just about to walk out the door when he asked if i had ever had a EKG. Told him no and he then sent me for one right there..After the EKG i was told to go back to my Dr's office and talk to him..It was then i found out that i had a bit of damage to my heart..He in turn sent me for a stress test and all the works.. during that they told me not to do much of anything.. It was then i got scared as i had never been in the hospital for anything.. I am 57 years old..Got sent for a anginogram and during that they discovered i had 100 percent blockage in 3 Artery's and 50 percent in the fourth.. Had a triple By Pass on June 21, 2010 and am not back to work yet.. I am a Union Carpenter.. was told that i will most likely never go back to my trade..Now i am trying to exercise every day and regulate my diet as i should and honestly need to get a LOT better at both.. When it's cold and snowy out it is so easy to make excuses as to why you should just stay home and i do.. I actually find that since the Operation i very seldom leave the house at all any more..Only when i have to..But during that time i never had any Chest Pain or anything.. was always told my cholesterol was in the ball park of where it should be.. Guess i was lucky that they found it when they did…

HeartHawk 2011-02-15 22:49:16 -0600 Report


There is a great deal you can do to strengthen yourself and halt (some say even reverse) heart disease. See if you can find a local rehab group. There is nothing like having a good group around you fighting a common cause. You'll be amazed at how uplifting and empowering it is - and it will get you out of the house! Trust me. you'll begin to look forward to it even if only once per week.


rosiern 2011-02-08 18:03:48 -0600 Report

Brenda, I have had moderate AI for over fifteen years. I have yearly echo cardiograms, to look for any change in severity. It hasn't changed in all those years. So, hang in there, just watching for any change in symptoms, and having check ups as per your physicians recommendations.

rosiern 2011-02-08 17:56:23 -0600 Report

I was in the hospital waiting to have spinal surgery, when I had an episode of flash pulmonary edema. I had had frequent PAC's (premature atrial contractions) for many years. A cardiologist was called in. He recommended I follow up with my cardiologist after discharge from there. When I saw my physician, he ordered a 21 day event monitor. The idea was to rule out AFib. Much to both of our surprise, it revealed episodes of 2nd and 3rd degree heart block with 3 second pauses. I had no symptoms at all! I was sent to an electrophysiologist to decide on whether or not to put in a pacemaker. We finally decided to go ahead, as I was going out of the country. It is set very low, as I have a very slow pulse. It is there just in case I drop too low.

KimberAnne1222 2011-01-29 18:29:47 -0600 Report

I had a baby at 38 yrs old,. Symptoms started when I was pregnant. I was diagnosed with high bp and diabetes in 2001, but had it pretty much under control. When I was pregnant I couldn't walk up the stairs without having to use my inhailer (also have asthma) and thats what my doc thought it was. The fact my asthma meds weren't working never flagged any1, lol. When I had the baby, the Doctor delivering him told my husband after that I almost stroked out twice during delivery cuz of my bp. A few months after; a few times I would lay down to go to sleep and couldn't breathe. Still thinking I was having an asthma attack
I'd go to the hospital they would give my breathing treatments and send me home til I went to FL (live in TX) to take care of my mother-in-law that was just given a year to live from emphazma (not spelled right I'm sure, lol). For 7 days straight I couldn't sleep from not being able to breathe and I finally went to the hospital and the found it. CHF, and it's been a rollercoaster ever since.

val1 2011-01-10 17:28:47 -0600 Report

Well, I had been to the doctor on and off since 1998 complaining of SOB, chest pain, and palpitations, but it took doctors 5 years to finally give me a diagnosis of Restrictive Cardiomyopathy and CHF, and A Fib! All the time from 1998 and 2002, the doctors kept saying that it was all in my head! That was a very frustrating time but I am now seeing the Best of the Best here in Michigan and we have it all under control for the most part until my heart decides to change!! lol

HeartHawk 2011-01-16 23:59:31 -0600 Report


Hmm, can't find my original reply. Did you ever mention who the great doc is that you see?


HEART DISEASE 2011-01-23 11:56:45 -0600 Report

Wow I was going to a doctor about shortness of breath,chest pain,and other issues. The doctor kept saying it was just stress and kept putting me on meds for different reasons. This went on for over 2 years. I brought my husband with me and he demanded they run tests to find out what was wrong. Guess what I have a heart disease and high blood pressure. While I was at the hospital for the test the cardiologist told me I wasn't going anywhere because I was in heart failure. I changed doctors and now I have a great doctor that plans on keeping me alive. We have found I have other health issues that should have been caught a long time agao.

HeartHawk 2011-02-15 22:54:39 -0600 Report


Congrats on finally finding a good doc. You'd be surprised to find how few there are. It is even more surprising we put with such poor service as patients! That is why I preach Informed Self-Directed Healthcare (ISH)!


LennyDenny 2011-01-10 08:52:39 -0600 Report

Morning HH - I've been around for a while, just haven't had the chance to comment much. I found out the hard way. Early June 7 years ago I was mowing grass and got to close to a wall and bent the front wheel on the mower. I got that mad I picked up the front of the mower and drug it to the garage. I few minutes latter I got in the car to got pick things up for my wife. I made it into the store and part way to the isle I needed when I began to feel bad, had a chance to make it to a chair and that's all the further I got. They called an ambulance and took me to the hospital. In the ER the doctors told me I was having a heart attack, something I already knew. I the cath lab they found 4 arteries blocked two totally blocked one 90 percent blocked and one 85 percent blocked. I spent 13 days in intensive care and 4 day in the cardiac unit. After 4 stents, they told me at this point I would not survive heart surgery. I Went home with a pic line in my are for drugs being pumped to the muscle around the heart. I take Asprine, Diltiazem, Lipitor, Tricore, Lasix, I also found out I was diabetic, and have COPD. Up until this point the only clues I had were some pain in the legs and now that I look back some shortness of breath. I'm 6' tall and my wife is 5'1" and I could hardly keep up with her when we were walking. I need to have a heart cath done every year, and the dr. check about every 3 months on the heart failure. I had smoked since I was 15 years old and quit the day of my heart attack 7 years ago. Today I'm 61 and still fighting to stay healthy. It can be a struggle some days. The COPD has gotten worse, but that's my own fault. With the help of a loving family and friends I hope to be around a long time. God bless

donnav1 2011-01-16 06:27:12 -0600 Report

You hang in thier Lenny i can relate to ur condition I too have heart failure only 30% of my heart functions I have a cardioverter difibrillator implant which keeps the heart functioning. Am on 7 medications for the heart and was just hosptialized for not taking the water pill right fluids back up in to my lungs and caused brocittis. I have type2 diabetes taking 2 insulins daily for diabetes. But am living And this is all new to me am 45yrs of age worked 14yrs for United Celebral Pasly of Miami and in 2008 i had a major heart attack and 2wks after the implant had another major heart attack So Lenny you hang in thier because God has a purpose for us all and my purpose is to live. Live for my children and myself

LennyDenny 2011-01-17 08:42:16 -0600 Report

Thanks for the encouragment, knowing that others are going through the same things and are there to help is great. I know what your saying about the fluid and the lungs, I struggle with it all the time. They had me on a water pill twice a day and then cut me back to once a day. Itwas starting to effect my liver and kidneys. So I find myself struggling sometimes to be able to breath. Your right about God having a plan for use, we may not see it today or tomorrow or ever, but it's there. You know I've worked the last 10 years for a molasses company and can tell you it's tough being diabetic. But I make it work. I live for my wife, kids, and grandkids. Thats the best thing in life. God Bless and thanks.

HeartHawk 2011-01-10 17:15:56 -0600 Report


Sounds like you have have seen it all since that fateful day. Glad to see you are still fighting and hanging in there. What can you share about the treatments your docs are prescribing as far as drugs, supplements, diet, etc.? The rest of the community could benefit from your hard work and experience on multiple fronts!


LennyDenny 2011-01-17 08:33:00 -0600 Report

Sorry it to so long to respond, had a death in the family. It takes a lot of hard work to stay on the right path to staying healthy. I've been on a Mediterranean Diet ever since I got out of the hospital. It's not to bad, I eat a lot of fish, white meat like chicken and turkey, love fish. fresh vegitables and fruit. They tried a lot of different meds. before finding the right mix. The two I had the most problem with were Plavix and Lipitor, the one gave me hives and the other gave me that much pain in the joints that I could hardly move. Diet and exercise at the two keys. I can tell when I deviate from my everyday routine. I found a good everyday vitamine, that doesn't effect my diabetes. The asthma and emphysema can be a big problem. You try to exercise and then can't breath, I found that if I take it slow, but keep pushing it's hard but it gets better. I have a wife that's great, she's not affraid to give me a kick in the butt some times to keep me on track. I need it more times than not. It's one of those things you need to make up your mind that your going to control it and not let it control you. I'm taking Asprine, Diltiapam, Lasix, Tricore, Metformine, Davair and use Albuterol when the breathing get a little hard. On top of all these I had an illiostomy done 40 years ago because of Chrones Disease. I can only encourage everyone to stay with the fight and with family and friends you can win the battle. God Bless

donnav1 2011-01-17 10:16:44 -0600 Report

Hello Lenny, Good morning! Well plavix for me is used to keep me from having a heart attack and the lipitor is for lowering my cholesterol. I was on another one at one time but when the doc kept doing blood work on me it was always high so they put me on lipitor and it seem to work so i've been taking it for 1yr now. I see u love fish, my question is do u eat it fried or bake? When u bake everything without to much seasoning on it it's better, fried foods have to much cholesterol . And if u have asthma and emphysema exerise moderate just doing which ever exerise you do (like walking if you just go around the block once)then that should be it (if you do 20 push-ups) then that should be it, nothing more or nothing else just take it at ur own pace, not trying to make urself sick. I've learn in this battle keeping "alive" that with 30% of my heart functioning i do what i can nothing more or nothing less as long as i try! Donna taking one day at a time!

LennyDenny 2011-01-17 12:09:20 -0600 Report

The drs. had to keep playing with the meds to come up with the right combination. My problem was the day I had my heart attack my cholesterol was only at 121, it's stayed low ever since then. I do love fish, I never have it fried. I usually take a piece of fish wrap it in aluminum foil with some spices and smart balance butter and put it in the toaster oven for about 18 minutes. Comes out nice and flakey. Exercise is a different story. I do the gym about 3 times a week. I worked with a trainer to come up with a program that worked with the emphysema, I should mention that I blame myself for the asthma and emphysema. I started smoking when I was 15 and stopped 7 years ago when I had my heart attack. I usually exercise for about 45 minutes, using as much equipment as I can. I take breaks so I can catch my breath. I try to do as much as I can tolerate, if I miss a week or two I can tell the difference. I go to the heart dr. about every 3 months and the same with the pulmonary dr. I don't know how long I can keep up the pace I've set for myself, but I'm not ready to give up. I'm like you - one day at a time!!!

donnav1 2011-01-17 17:58:33 -0600 Report

Well Lenny do believe that asthma and emphysema is caused from you smoking? That's what ur doc told u, U can also be born with it someone in ur family could have had it You could of been around dust/musk/mold it's alot of other things besides smoking that causes asthma I use to smoke too,but i also have a history of heart ,diabetes, high blood pressure, kidney failure, cancer between the both of my parents My dad lived 15yrs on the kidney machine he use to go 3 times a week, and he smoked cigarettes up to the day his pancres exploded, and my mom she had heart problems cancer and died from kidney failure. So what am saying is when it's our good fate to pass we'll never know what was the cause, and while we are here on earth it's good to know what our health looks like so we can fix it which ever way we can So Mr. Lenny u take it easy with the exercise do as much can. God Bless until next time.

donnav1 2011-01-16 09:43:21 -0600 Report

Well I attended the diabetes classes that the county doc who is treating me for the diabetes and I was very suprised and realize that diabetes isnt just for over weight people it can happen to anyone young, old, over weight, under weight, healthy or not if you have it or get it you can have control of it and managing it to live a longer life with it. I learned how to control what i eat that eating lite low calorie low fat milk and no salt etc. doesn't taste as bad as it sounds and that it is actual good for me and getting up and keeping busy keeps me from being depressed Am taking lantus 50 units humalog 28 units 2x a day for the diabetes. And for my heart i take lipitor, digoxin, coreg 2x a day, klor-con tabs 2x a day, plavix, lasix 2x a day and lisinopril oh and a aspirin 51mg I can't live without those medications and believe me this is very expensive but i just keep this in mind that i can live longer and stronger each day taking all these meds!

Brenda_B 2011-01-06 04:13:45 -0600 Report

I have had high blood pressure for years, but nothing much changed until one day I got an electical shock at work. The ER doctor said my ekg reading was "odd". I went to a cardiologist and had a stress echo test ran. I have moderate range AI. I was told I would need a valve replacement with in 10 years.
I hit the 10 year mark and I am still the same. ( I have looked on line for info but can't find much.) As a note the shock did not cause the problem. The shock, testing, etc. diagnosed why I would be so short of breath sometimes.

HeartHawk 2011-01-10 17:10:58 -0600 Report


Yes, I have MVI (Mitral Valve Insuffiency) which was originally diagnosed as MVP (Prolapse). Generally, insufficiencies such as these are benign in their early stages but should be watched. There is a pretty good description of this condition on Wikipedia at

You've already made it past the 10 year mark. Keep up the good work!


tankmom 2011-01-05 17:55:34 -0600 Report

A series of events led to the discovery that I have CHF. What? No way, I felt fine. Late 20's (age)'I developed high blood pressure suddenly and was found to have a heart murmur, was put on bp meds and was sent for a heart test, but not sure what one. Dr. did it in the hospital and was sent home and had no problems until my early 50's. On two different occassions that I knew of, I went numb on one side of my body while active and through all this time also I was a smoker. One occassion, I was wrapping gifts, the 2nd I had just finished a cigarette. The numbness wore off after a while. On the 3rd occassion, I decided to address this matter with my GP. Test after test found that I had had multiple TIA's, but when the cardiologist got involved, he felt that the scar tissue may have been from migraine headaches. My GP continued to pursue with other blood tests and other hospital tests and secialists. Thrombosis was mentioned often, but eventually the cardiologist detected something else with my heart that had him running different test. They say the heart murmur was from my having rheumatic fever when I was younger and that was a very common symptom of the heart murmur. Anyway they were treating me with plavix, aspirin, bp meds, and attempted to try coumadin. The coumadin was too much. Nose bleeds were not my thing and my gp and cardio dr. agreed to stop the coumadin. In 2008, the cardio dr. started hearing sounds or lack of sound that he wanted to hear and after another test I was found to have calcium buildup around the mitral valve, thus the diagnose of CHF. And I still felt fine. Since that test, I have been taken off a water pill, only to find that my lungs filled up with fluid, so back onto the water pill which did remedy that. In Sept. 2008 I had a valve replacement, went for the therapy training and continue to feel fine. Is this mind over matter or refusal to accept that I am sick. I do try to watch my diet, I work out 3 times a week for30 to 45 minutes, run a business my husband and I own, and over the last 1 1/2 years basically doing everything including chauffering my husband to dr. apointments and surgeries which have been numerous over this time period. He had been very sick, had his last surgery Dec. 30th and we celebrated the 2010 year being over, and now he is starting to do some of the stuff he did before he was ill. I have lived with different levels of stress for many years, but have found and discovered that God is carrying me as the footsteps in the sand indicate. My faith has strengthed me and that shields my denial that I am sick. Also I have quit smoking, but not until the fall of 2010. With all the smoking bans being put into play, it was not too bad, but I also did use Chantix for help. This is long, but as you can see there were multiple things that lead up to the findings. Good luck in finding your answers, as it is not always easy and mine were stretched out over 30+ years before I had a firm diagnosis. God bless, be healthy, eat healthy, excersize, and FEEL FINE:)

HeartHawk 2011-01-05 22:54:56 -0600 Report


(great name by the way - how did you come up with it?) Looks like you have been through all the paces. Thanks for the reply. This kind of comment really helps others. Keep up the good work! You are a saint!


tankmom 2011-01-06 19:14:30 -0600 Report

When my 2 older daughters were younger I had a couple of drinks under my belt and we had some tank fireworks when I made a silly comment pushing a tank across the table unlit and for some reason came up with tanktanku out of it and when the oldest went to college I came up with a name that knew she would enjoy as she was terribly insecure. It made her laugh and that made me smile.

Tank tanku you for the comments on my post and I am not a saint. I still find it hard to stay away froom certain foods such as butter in my baking, but do use a modified butter product to make me think I am doing good for myself. I have a fine attitude and my faith is strong which plays a large part in my life and stress is part of my job description. You have a great day or night whereever you are and God bless.

modon 2011-01-05 16:56:41 -0600 Report

i got earlly menopause, since then my body has been paying me back. my body goes through musle spasm, thought my asoffakis(throat, sorry not a good speller) was spasming went about a week with chest pains and having a hard time breathing, also the pain would wake me up out of sound sleep. sunday night 11.30pm got woke up again this time the pain was worse and really having hard time breathing, could not stop the pain like before called 911. funny thing was the paramedic tried to stick IV in the pain went away. i had one artery closed 90%, 2 were 70 to 80% blocked. Nothing like we have been told about.

HeartHawk 2011-01-05 22:59:06 -0600 Report


What did they finally do deal with your blockages and what have your doctors prescribed to help prevent more blockages in the future? And how about those muscle spasms. I have heard that spasms of the esophagus (yeah, it IS a tough word to spell) can feel just like a heart attack.


modon 2011-01-06 18:26:04 -0600 Report

they did an ango monday afternoon.when i'm under stress like that day i do not remeber what the dr.'s tell new meds are plavix (blood thinner),diltiazem (bp/beta blocker),pravastatin(cholesterol) and a antacid pantopazole. my musle spasms are a part of my world caused by my bad spine. and yes esophagus spasms are kinda scarey but musle relaxers help. did not help for the real thing though. i have astrange question, has anyone ever felt like they were not suppose to be alive after there heart attacks(survivers guilt)?

Avajlaas 2011-08-09 16:01:09 -0500 Report

I am going through some moderate to not so moderate depressions since my heart attack. My older brother has had three heart attacks prior to mine and warned me about becoming very emotional or depressed. He said it comes with the territory sometimes. When I was in the middle of my attack I began to pray and told the lord that if it was my time I was ready, but to guide and protect my family and friends. I was fairly convinced that that was it for my life. At the same time I had a kind of peace and relief about it too. Sounds strange I'm sure, but when I woke up the next morning I felt great. For the next week I felt really good and optimistic. Then I awoke one morning, mourning the fact that I was still here and that that peace was gone. ( Depression) I am still dealing with it , but knowing what it is is half the battle. I am still optimistically depressed…lol but know it will not ( the depression) last forever.

HeartHawk 2011-08-09 21:52:17 -0500 Report


Optimistically depressed - excellent way to describe something I feel almost every day, lol! There is no right or wrong nor rhyme or reason. There is only the daily fight. What can make it work is to surround yourself with friends and support like we have right here.

Thanks for sharing your story. The botton-line is you are not alone so stay connected. I think that's why they called it "HeartConnect!"


Avajlaas 2011-08-09 16:03:29 -0500 Report

Hold on and hang in there. We are needed here for some reason or we wouldn't be here. Good luck on this , hope I helped a bit!

HeartHawk 2011-01-08 20:40:53 -0600 Report


Good question about the survivors guilt. No one in my family has ever survived one. I guess I would consider myself darn lucky!


Next Discussion: Aotic Valve Insufficiency »